About Me

Hi! I'm Becca Fitzpatrick, the author of the internationally bestselling HUSH, HUSH saga. When not writing, I'm most likely running, prowling sale racks for shoes (stilettos, please!), or enjoying one of life's many little indulgences: Ice cream, Veronica Mars, losing myself in a book, painting my toenails, or simply daydreaming. I do my best to update this blog as frequently as possible with news on upcoming events, tips for writers, and all things pertaining to my books.

15 April 2013

Let's Talk Covers

Hi all!

I learned this week that my design team at Simon & Schuster will (hopefully!) start working on BLACK ICE's cover in June or July. In the meantime, my editor asked for any thoughts/input I have. While I don't have a specific design vision, I am going to send her a list of book covers I find deliciously provocative. Below are some of my favorites.

What are some of your favorite book covers?




Notes from Ghost TownDark PlacesMr. PeanutFragments (Partials, #2)The Blemished (Blemished #1)The Torturer's DaughterMila 2.0 (MILA 2.0, #1)A Certain Slant of Light (Light, #1)Dead RiverThe Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)JawsWarm Bodies

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, looks AMAZING!

kimberlybuggie said...

I love the Warm Bodies cover!! Great choices!

NIkoliN~ said...

the unbecoming of mara dyer by Michelle Hodkin...I love the cover :D

BlackRaven said...

i like the warm bodies and the notes from ghost town covers
beautiful

Hermana Tiffany Garner said...

Those are some wonderful and beautiful book covers. This is a tough question for me. I write epic fantasy, so for my personal book covers I think I'd like something illustrated (as opposed to digital art) but I do really love the trend in contemporary book covers. I just love seeing what these wonderful creative people come up with :)

Oriana C said...

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, looks AMAZING! I love so much!

Sinistromanuality said...

Across the Universe. That cover was BEAUTIFUL. PLEASE. CHECK IT OUT.

K. McManus said...

I really like the cover on The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. This is the type of book I would pick up off the shelf and read the back of inside flap. All of these were thought provoking though. Excellent choices!

Unknown said...

A Certain Slant of Light is an amazing book! The cover is so eerie and yet breathtaking at the same time....the cover was what made me gravitate toward the book in the first place. A must read!!!

Becca Fitzpatrick said...

I agree with you, Courtney. It's so chilling and creepy!
Sinistromanuality, I almost added ATU, but I felt like my list was getting too long, ha! I love that cover so much.

Bonnee Crawford said...

Some awesome covers here :) All of the covers for the Hush,Hush series were awesome, and I'm sure your books will continue to look amazing!

wwwThisIsLaceytumblrcom39@gmail.com said...

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer cover is excellent, mysterious, and beautiful! It's inspirational, and perhaps you can do a cover similar, but instead of the couple in water, they're in the sky, with perhaps a skyline in the background, and then a set of Patch's wings on the male. ♥ Just an idea, though. I'm sure whatever is chosen will be amazing, as always!