About Me

Hi! I'm Becca Fitzpatrick, the author of the internationally bestselling HUSH, HUSH saga. When not writing, I'm most likely running, prowling sale racks for shoes (stilettos, please!), or enjoying one of life's many little indulgences: Ice cream, Veronica Mars, losing myself in a book, painting my toenails, or simply daydreaming. I do my best to update this blog as frequently as possible with news on upcoming events, tips for writers, and all things pertaining to my books.

11 August 2012

Links

Happy Saturday!

A few of you have asked (mostly on Twitter) about my triathlon. I'll post pics as soon as my little sister (and cheerleader) sends them my way. But for now, I will say I survived (obviously!) and I'm really happy I did it. My time was average, but my fun-factor was excellent. Too bad they don't measure the fun-factor. I think I would have won!

Last night was boys' night out at our home (laser tag, fast food, and Ice Age), so I was left to my own devices. I did a little writing on a new project not related to the HUSH, HUSH series, bought some adorable Betsy Johnson frog earrings, started season six of GILMORE GIRLS, and did some Internet reading. I came across a couple interesting and writing-related things, and thought I'd share.

First, if you are a mother and a writer and constantly asking yourself, "How will I ever be able to do this?" I'd really recommend you check this out. I'd loved these women's books when I was younger, and I love their advice now that I'm older.

And Janet Reid on A New Rule for Authors: Be Positive. Chin up!

Finally, these are the frog earrings!! Are they not the cutest? I pierced my ears for the first time eight weeks ago, and I'm having a little too much fun accessorizing my ears. So far I have lady bugs, giraffes, and now frogs. Just what I would have bought had a pierced my ears at eight, like every other girl in the world.

1 comment:

readerfreak22 said...

I love Gilmore girls! I watch it every Saturday on the soap channel. It's the brekfast in bed part of the day! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who watches it anymore